Changes in diet and lifestyle would benefit patients having piles problems.
Avoid constipation with a high fibre, high fluid diet.
Fibres: fruits, corn-flakes, oat-meals, high-fibre biscuits etc.fibres attract water & help in formation of a smooth bolus of stool.
Green leafy vegetables:Rationale:- when soaked in water will form a slimy coating on the surface. This therefore helps in softening the stools.
Non-Vegetarian diet: The meat repells water and therefore causes hard stools. One should therefore avoid non-veg diet.
- Avoid of straining this is a habit one needs to cultivate.
- Do not unnecessarily suppress & delay the urge to pass stools. Our body will pull out water from the stools and cause hard stools
- READING CAUSES BLEEDING!! Lavatory is not the Library.
- by not giving its due importance to the act of passing stools one
- may subconsciously tend to strain and thereby increase your chances of having bleeding and piles.
- Exercise regularly: keeping body active helps to keep bowels active too.